Signed in as:
Signed in as:
We know healthcare personnel are concerned after recent active shooter incidents including those in Buffalo and Uvalde. Even more troubling are shootings within healthcare facilities such as those at St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa, HCA Houston Healthcare, locally at Miami Valley Hospital, and most recently at Methodist Dallas Medical Center.
Dayton MMRS has a longstanding committee in collaboration with GDAHA, area hospitals, law enforcement and others. That committee’s Training Workgroup developed materials to help agencies reassure and guide personnel, including flyers for preparedness and response, a video, and an accompanying PowerPoint.
Those materials are available for your use. The video can be viewed online, downloaded to your learning management system here, or you can use the PowerPoint to deliver the material yourself. Both flyers are editable documents that can and should be tailored for your facility (more information about tailoring them is below).
Please post both flyers and share the short video! The Guide Flyer provides information on response, prevention, and preparedness. The Response Flyer focuses on what to do in a moment of crisis. Tailor each for your facility:
· Facilities and networks can co-brand these with your own logos
· You can use these in clinics, physician offices, urgent cares, and other healthcare locations by deleting the word Hospital
· On each flyer, the phone number for your facility’s security must be added.
· If your facility does not have armed law enforcement, you should remove the line for notifying hospital security and the phone number field in the “Communicate” section. In those settings, personnel should immediately call 911.
· Facilities without armed law enforcement can also remove the underlined “including hospital law enforcement” line in the “Keep in Mind” section of the Guide Flyer.
· You need to add any special instructions for using 911 from work phones (such as dialing 9 first).
· The Response Flyer should have the individual facility name added at the top.
Active Shooter Resources for Hospitals and Other Healthcare - Facilities Downloadable Materials
*** You can download the video (e.g., for use in a learning management system) by clicking here! ***
Then, when the new tab opens, right click the video and select "save video as"